Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Monday, January 19, 2009

Country doctors

On my way out to lunch I grabbed a book off a cart of recently returned books. It was the third book of Patrick Taylor's series on two Irish country doctors. I would read them in order, but it is okay to be out of order.

This series focuses on Barry Laverty, a young doctor fresh out of med school. He has joined a country practice, which is lead by Dr. Fingal Flahertie O'Reilly in Balleybucklebo. Balleybucklebo is a fictional town in Northern Ireland in the 1960s. The novels remind me a bit of James Herriot. Quirky characters and interesting problems to resolve. A pleasant and funny read. I'm ready for book 4

1. An Irish Country Doctor
2. An Irish Country Village
3 An Irish Country Christmas (please note that Alice Taylor has also written a book with the same title. You want Patrick Taylor for this series.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home