Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Friday, September 02, 2011

New Cool

I have always loved robots from Robot Wars to FIRST competitions. Just love to watch those robots in action. So I was tickled to see that someone had written a book about FIRST robotics team 1717, the Penguineers from California. I've liked their robots and now I really like their school

Neal Bascomb followed the team around for the competition season and New Cool is the result. It was a fascinating look at their teacher and the new team pulling together to get their robot done in time, when the team had no previous build experience.

I give this two thumbs up and would give it more if I had them. Hey robotics team got any robot thumbs? http://www.dpengineering.org/1717%20Home/11717%20Home.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home