Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Friday, January 25, 2013

My bookstore: writers celebrate their favorite places...

You would think that as a librarian, I wouldn't need bookstores but I do. I have even been informed by friends that they will not move my books again. So in My Bookstore the authors are genuinely kindred spirits. Author Richard Russo has edited essays by writers from around the US about their favourite bookstores. They wax rhapsodically about their bookstores - the smell, the light, the staff, the books. And my personal favourite - The Book Loft in Columbus, OH is in there on page 305. Thank you Jeff Smith of Bone fame. (Any bookstore that gives you a MAP to find things has to be wonderful.) So join fellow book junkies and learn their haunts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home