Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Monday, October 04, 2004

Adoption journey

Eliza Thomas has written a touching picture book about adopting as a single mother. This is the story of how she and her daughter, PanPan, became a family. I highly recommend this for parents and toddlers. Give Red Blanket a try!

Okay Young Adult Title

I really liked The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things. Mackler's new book is Vegan Virgin Valentine. This is the story of how Mara Valentine overcomes her type A personality and learns to relax a little. It is also how she resolves her relationship with her niece, V, who is almost her age and exact opposite. Vegan ... is worth reading, but must admit I didn't like it as much as I did The Earth... Still it reads fast and would be a great teen beach book.

I've heard that Whytock, who wrote My Cup Runnth Over has a new book in the works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home