Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Monday, January 07, 2008

Father Tim

I read Jan Karon's books about Mitford and Father Tim regularly. I stayed up late last night to finish Home to Holly Springs. In it Father Tim receives a mysterious unsigned message asking him to "come home". With his wife's blessings, he and his dog Barnabas drive to Mississippi.

I enjoyed this book and visiting with characters I care about. However I think it tries to wrap up too many things in one book and therefore has a little too much reliance on coincidences. I know that there are going to be more of the Father Tim series and wish she could have spread some of this out more.

3 Comments:

  • I also enjoyed this book, but agree with you about the coincidences. I'm looking forward to reading more about Father Tim in upcoming books.

    By Blogger MaggieDoodle, at 6:03 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Omar Cruz, at 7:00 PM  

  • I love all the books with Father Tim. I can't wait to read what happens to him next.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home