Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Crewel World again

When I read Monica Ferris' latest book Cutwork, I realized that I missed a book in the series. So I snagged a copy of Hanging by a Thread. Loved this book. Betsy hires contractor Foster Johns to do work on her roof. At the time she didn't know that most of town believes that the conscientious Johns has gotten away with murder. Johns had fallen in love with a woman married to an abusive man. When she and her husband are killed within a couple of days, all eyes turn to Johns. Even if the law can't convict him, the town can.

After living with this suspision for years, Johns asks Betsy for help clearing his name and our sleuth steps up to the plate. I enjoyed this and felt the mystery part of the book was better than Cutwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home