Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Food Fest

There are some cookbooks like the Joy of Cooking, that you whip off the shelf to answer a question. There are some you just look at the pretty pictures in because you would never take the time to make that complicated dish.

Nigella Lawson's books fall somewhere in between. Feast is the latest. It works its way through various holidays. There are a couple of recipes I want to try. I am passing on to my brother Vietnamese Turkey and Glass Noodle salad. It seems like a great way to use up the leftovers. mmm I want to make the Eggplant Involtini too. mmm

However the recipes are almost a secondary to me. I love the way she talks about food. Her sensual love of food makes you hungry just reading her text. She is after all the person who shared the recipe for Slut Red Raspberries with the world. :D

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/N/nigella/forever5.shtml scroll down to Slut Red Raspberries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home