Books to curl up with: a librarian's musings

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Couple of tales

I've read a couple of very different titles lately.

Summer on Blossom Street by Macomber is what it is. It is cotton candy reading. I knew from the beginning what would happen, but it was a fun little read. You don't have to have read the earlier books about Blossom Street but it helps.

My Word is My Bond by Roger Moore. Moore and Dalton are my two favourite Bonds, so I thought I'd give this a whirl. Moore is pretty much a gentleman and doesn't really dish dirt. The book was okay, but needed more reflection even if he didn't want to dish dirt, which is fine. I did however enjoy his comments on his Unicef work.


Tango : an Argentine love story by Camille Cusumano. This memoir revolves around Cusumano's goal of tangoing until her heart isn't broken anymore. Parts of the book were very good and some part I skimmed. I like it most when she was talking about actually dancing in the tango halls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home